Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Schoenbrunn, the new Neverland?

Things have been quite Rex wise and I've been inundated with work to the point where I haven't had a moment to post up the next Rex episode. Hopefully today or tomorrow I'l get to it.

Carrying on from the messed up story linking Gedeon erroneously with Katherine Jackson is, of course, the news that the Michael Jackson tribute concert will take place later this month at Schoenbrunn. Got to be good for Vienna from the tourism viewpoint, given tourism has been a little down of late according to the Austrian times.

However I loathe the comparisons of Schoenbrunn to Neverland and it's description as a 'castle, Michael loved castles' in some of the press articles. Really? No, I don't think so. I hope Jackson fans take time to discover the beauty and culture of this fantastic city but I'm not holding my breath.

Read more at the Austrian Times here or, if Jackson's not your thing, how about the Styrian find for farting (got to love the AT - they cover all the big stories)?

4 comments:

Feronia said...

Yes, I think the whole 'magical castle' angle is a bit of a shallow approach to such a wonderful and richly historical city. But it's sort of like Herr Rieu and his cardboard cut-out Schoenbrunn that he travels around with, isn't it? Love the AT, they *have* got it all covered haven't they!

Wurst Semmel said...

It is, Feronia. In fact, I'm wondering if I should get with the times and build a faux Schoenbrunn in my backyard or, as I'm renovating, redo the front of the house accordingly.Hee.

Feronia said...

LOL! It could be the new trend in home renovations...mini-Schoenbrunns everywhere...

Merisi said...

Do you know who publishes the AT?
Have seen only a few articles,
did not look like in-depth reporting. ;-)